South Park is the greatest TV show in the history of television. And South Park has had many hilarious memorable quotes. In fact, South Park has had many quotes that are a bit TOO hilarious and memorable. And a lot of those have now been repeated ad nauseum for years by unoriginal chuckleheads who have to repeat funny things others have said in the hopes of getting the laugh that their own inferior wit can never hope to attain. What this ends up doing is making the original line less funny and just makes you look like a shithead in the process. So without further ado, the most over-quoted South Park lines ever:
10. "I'm super! Thanks for asking!" - Big Gay Al's big gay catchphrase has been adopted by every gay guy I've ever met and every annoying guy trying to act gay I've ever met.
9. "I'm a sad panda." - Sexual Harassment Panda said this because he was a sad panda. You are not a panda. So don't fucking say this.
8. "DEY TOOK AR JOOOOOOOOOOBS!" - This one is only this low on my list because it's not as commonly quoted so I can still enjoy the original line for the most part.
7. "Mmmmkay." - When Mr. Mackey says it, it's because he's a socially awkward man who doesn't communicate very well. When you say it, it's because you're a retard who isn't funny.
6. "Oooooooooooooooooh! Jissus Christ!" - Remove Big Gay Al, add Mr. Slave, and you have "I'm super!" version 2.0.
5. "Hooooooooooooooooooowdy Ho!" - There's a reason Mr. Hankey is on one episode or less every year. That would be because in small doses, he's funny. In large doses, he's annoying.
4. "Tree Fiddy." - Much like "Howdy Ho," "Tree Fiddy" was kind of annoying for me personally. Fortunately, it was only used on a couple shows. Unfortunately, it has been used millions of times since whenever anyone is talking about three dollars and fifty cents.
3. "Respect my authoritah!" - Proof that there's a reason the dipshits who quote TV shows are fans and not writers. When Cartman first started saying this on the show, it quickly became overused. Matt and Trey realized this, and took it out except in callback-like situations, thus maximizing its' effectiveness. Yet tons of dipshits didn't get the memo and continue spouting it to this day, not realizing it hasn't been funny in well over a decade.
2. "This could be the end of the world...of Warcraft." - As a WoW player, I almost wish the WoW episode had never aired because I have seen/heard this quote used no fewer than seventy bajillion times since that day.
1. "Step 1: Steal Undepants. Step 2: ?????????? Step 3: Profit!" - It seems like every single time someone explains something on the internet (especially message boards), they somehow feel compelled to use the Underpants Gnomes' economic model...from 1998. Sorry kids, but I think it's time we phased out something that was first copycated in the Clinton administration. I mean really. Fourteen years later you should probably be copying some newer material. Hell, even Carlos Mencia steals current jokes, he doesn't go back to Gallagher specials on TV Land for inspiration.
So there you have it, ten South Park quotes I would be very happy going to my grave without ever hearing again. So the next time you feel the urge to quote South Park, do all the South Park fans a favor and shut the fuck up.
Although if you are ever in a situation that calls for it, you have my express permission to use the line "Don't beat off the dog when we have company. I mean ever. Don't beat off the dog ever."
P.S. "Kanye West is a gay fish" would have made the list, except that people only say it when talking about what a douche Kanye West is, so since it's for a good cause, I'm more able to cope with the overuse.
people thought they were the only one who says "Tree Fiddy" instead of "Three Dollars and Fifty Cents"